“Only about 2% of businesses in the world can afford to hire a marketer. We’re building Crowdfire to be the marketer for the other 98%. Our mission is to help that 98% reach their target audience.”
Connect with Crowdfire
The Crowdfire Story
Crowdfire is a social media management product. It provides Twitter and Instagram users visibility into inactive users, spammers and those who’ve unfollowed them. It allows individuals and businesses to get the best out of their social media presence, whether it’s building a brand, increasing popularity, or driving sales. The company started out as JustUnfollow, which founder Nischal Shetty created in 2010 to help Twitter users manage their followers. Today, Crowdfire has over 10 million users and is also working on a B2B offering.
In Conversation with Nischal
Recipe for success
The three important things I believe can help build a great startup are the product, the team and the understanding that it’s a marathon, not a sprint. Your product should solve a real problem. The team you build must be smarter than you and be there for the long run.
Your unique idea
Only about 2% of businesses in the world can afford to hire a marketer. We’re building Crowdfire to be the marketer for the other 98%. Our mission is to help that 98% reach their target audience.
Partnership with Kalaari
There came a point when we had consistent proof, month after month, year after year, of our growth, the viability of our business idea and its scale. This was when we partnered with Kalaari to help us keep (and accelerate) our momentum. Their support and ideas have helped us build an awesome team, gain more clarity on our vision and channel our resources in the right direction.
Your first meeting
Vani and Sumit from Kalaari came over to meet us at our office. I’d never met them before, only exchanged emails. I think a few minutes into the conversation I realised that if I kept the equation of money aside and asked myself, “Would we at Crowdfire want to be helped in this journey by Kalaari?”, the answer would be a big yes!
What I love the most is how humble and helpful everyone at Kalaari is! They are the kind of people you want to be around all the time. And they have these amazing chocolates in their office. I think that helped me make up my mind and go with Kalaari.